Sunday 21 February 2016

Things I've learnt in 2016 so far

Hi everyone 

I didn't really make any resolutions this year and haven't for a few years now mainly because mine are unrealistic and as I am so bad at keeping them but it thought why not reflect on the year anyway, time flies by so fast.



So what have I learnt?

1. Things can change in a heart beat, one minute the world is upside down full of uncertainty and next your back on track and have options galore. Similarly the minute you get settled something going to come pounding along behind you and knock you for 6. 

2. Avocados are amazing, they are full of healthy nutrients including fibre, vitamin K, vitamin B6, potassium, vitamin E. They also taste great. I have mine with lemon and either on toast for breakfast or pitta bread for lunch.



3. It's how you deal with a situation that matters not the situation it's self. You will be faced with many positive and many negative situations in life but it's how you act and what you do that matters, you can choose to think positively if you want. I have a very bad habit of choosing to think negatively or thinking the worst and I'm working really hard to change this.

4. A good nights sleep can change your life. A big claim but I'm serious. When I'm tired I feel more negative, I lack energy and enthusiasm and everything seems too much effort. After a good nights sleep I feel like a different person. It can help you solve problems, change your view and feel like you can take on the day.



5. Peoples belief in you will always surprise you, sometimes people will believe in you more than you believe in yourself. Let them, take there lead and believe in yourself. Again something that I'm working on.

6. It's surprisingly easy to start using vegan products. I'm not a vegan (yet) but I'm trying. I don't eat meat and ive swapped dairy to alternatives for example the soya butter with my avocado on toast. I've still got a way to go but it's a learning curve and I'm loving every minute.

7. Black tea is really nice. There's not much more to say I like it, it's not for everyone but it is for me.

8. Hot chocolate is very important. This one is a little joke, I am looking for alternative calcium sources now that I don't eat dairy and a soya milk hot chocolate is helping (any excuse).


Thanks for reading, what have you learnt in 2016 so far.

AKL

No comments:

Post a Comment