Sunday 24 January 2016

What I use to dye my hair - cruelty free hair dye

Hi everyone

Today I talking hair dye and like most of my skin and haircare products it's cruelty free. My natural hair colour is brown but it's many years since I've seen it. 

Over the years I've had a few different hair colours, at school I used the good old wash out packs and turned various shades of purple and red. Then at about 18 I started to go blonde and went slowly lighter and lighter for a couple of years until I went to uni and couldn't afford to keep my roots updated and went brunette again. 

My current colour is .....


This is the Superdrug Permanent Creme Colour in the shade 6.77 Natural Intense Rich Browne.  I've used many different packet dyes and they do tend to get a bad press about being bad for your hair and my hair does feel drier after dying but I combat this with a hair care routine. I'll talk about this in another post.

I moved to this product after going cruelty free last year and I've been really happy with it. There is plenty of choice on colour if I decide to go lighter or darker brown and it is very inexpensive. It also doesn't have that potent packet dye smell which I have often found with others. One thing I do really like us that it doesn't dry my scalp as much, some dyes I find my scalp feels sore for a couple of days after using with this one I haven't. It covers well and is not messy so I would recommend this product to anyone looking for an inexpensive cruelty free home dye.

Thanks for reading

AKL

No comments:

Post a Comment