Sunday 31 January 2016

January favourites

Hi there everyone

I've not done one of these posts yet as I kind of missed the boat on my 2015 favourites so I'm looking forward to this. I think January must he a hard favourite to write because I don't know about you but I got a lot of amazing beauty and skincare gifts as well as other trinkets for Christmas so narrowing things down is hard (violins out) which is why the picture looks a bit squished but here goes.



1. My new slippers
I literally brought these last weekend and my mum spotted them at the till in Primark for £1 so not only are they my favourite they are also a massive bargain. They are so soft and as we have just had a tiled floor go down in the kitchen perfect for keep my toes toasty warm.



2. Batiste dry shampoo
I wrote a whole post on this and I still love it, the packaging remind me of summer and holidays so that's always a plus. I'm going to be looking out for a hand bag size of this one to carry around. It's going to become a staple of mine.


3. Superdrug Coconut and Sweet Almond Sampoo and Conditioner
I have been using Superdrug shampoo for about 6 months now and I normally use the Macadamia Nut one. However I didn't feel like the conditioner was as moisturising as I needed it to be so I saw this one and thought I would give it a go. I really like this one, I love the smell of Coconut anyway as it reminds me of cocktails and again holidays (can you see a theme here) and this one is much more moisturising.


4. Superdrug Hair therapy oil with Argan
Keeping in the hair theme I've just done a post on this and not only is it my January favourite it was my 2015 favourite as well. It leave my hair in good conditioning and helps to combat the heat and styling my hair goes through.



5. Superdrug Super fruits Exfoliating Mask
I've used this all up and I'm very disappointed so I will be repurchasing. It smells lovely and I feel like it really clears the pores on my nose. It leave my skins fresh and smooth so this is currently my favourite face mask. I did a post on multi masking where I use a couple of other good mask also.


6. Coconut water and Coconut Alpro Milk
Clearly this has been a Coconutty month as I have been drinking lots of Coconut related drinks. Coconut milk is my new choice instead of cows milk for my cereal and Coconut water is because I've heard many good things about it.


7. Lush Passion Fruit Lip Balm
My next 2 items are both purple themed, first up the lip balm. On the outside its purple but inside its bright orange and smells amazing. I got this for Christmas and I've been using it most days but it is still going strong. I was going to save it for my holiday as its a really summery fragrance but I couldn't wait. It moisturises my lips and is also a really good base for lipgloss.


8. Barry M Nail Paint in Berry Cosmo
Next is nail varnish and I think there will always be a nail varnish in my favourites. I feel like this colour is perfect for this time of year, it's winter but not too dull. I like the Nail Paints as they go on really nicely and leave a shiney finish. They dry quite quickly as well which is always handy as I normally doing coats in between dog walks.



9. Solait Tinted Bronzing Moose
Some of you may have seen this in my 'Bargain of the week' post as I stumbled across this at 62p due to rebranding. I normally go for medium but this time I got light. I really like this brand as it goes on really smoothly with no streaks. I do always try and exfoliate and moisturise before tanning but I also feel like this doesn't seem to stick to any dry patches and create that's muddy elbow effect. 


10. Coconut Oil
It's a staple now up there with tooth paste and deodorant. It's my eye make up remover, hair treatment, dry skin sorter outer and proberley much more. I mix it with the Argon oil product to go in my hair and it smells really nice. The only the I haven't tried it with yet is food as it is quite expensive compared to my usual olive oil but I may just need to shop around.


11. Tea tree oil
A bit like coconut oil not particularly exciting to look at but a staple in the cupboard. I use this with my moisturiser as on its own it's a bit harsh but it's really good on any blemishes. 


12. Marks and Spencer's Dazzling lip gloss
Finally it's a lip gloss and I like,this because it's moisturising as well as making your lips shiny. It's really pearly and again a product that is good for summer and winter.

Thanks for reading, let me know what you favourite January things were.

AKL





No comments:

Post a Comment