Sunday 19 June 2016

My new cruelty free serum

Hi everyone

So I'm back today with a new serum. I wrote a post a few months ago reviewing the B. Nourished night serum (go check it out) I liked this serum but when I did my empties post a few weeks I didn't feel it added much to my skincare so when it ran out I stopped using it. 

However I recently went on holiday to Cape Verde and whenever I go on holiday my skin gets dry from the sun and from putting more make up on each evening (at home I very really have make up on in the evening) so I felt like I needed a bit extra moisture in my skincare routine.

Seen as I wasn't convinced the first time I tried a serum I didn't want to spend a fortune so I stuck with what I know and went to Superdrug. I brought the Simply Pure Hydrating Serum and it cost £2.39.


I used this serum throughout my holiday and I really like it. The serum comes out the tube quite thick but goes on to the face really smoothly and sinks into the skin really well. There were a couple of occasions when I nearly forgot to put moisturiser on after as my skin felt soft. 

My only reservation is that it is quite a small tube but you only need a small pump to cover the face and neck and it is very inexpensive. One tube lasted me 2 weeks applying once daily on my holiday so it is worth the price whereas a more expensive one I would expect to last much longer.

I would recommend this product to someone who has oily skin and looking to try out a serum for the first time. I have repurchased this now I am back off holiday to see how it sits on my skin in a different climate so we shall see. 

Would I use this product long term? I'm not sure I feel like I might need something more nourishing going forward but for now I will keep repurchasing.

Thanks for reading

AKL

No comments:

Post a Comment