Tuesday 29 December 2015

Back to work - 5 top tips to beat the blues

Hi everyone

With less than 48 hours before I will be returning to work after a lovely Christmas break I am trying to stave off those back to work blues so I thought I would share with you my 5 top tips that help me focus on the good not the bad.

1. Get ready
Make that first morning back as easy as possible. For me that means making sure that all my clothes are washed, ironed and hung up on the front of my wardrobe so that I don't have to think about what to wear out that first day back. Anything that saves time and gives me peace of mind.

2. Christmas smells 
I always tend to get shower gels and body lotions over Christmas so I use these when I wake up, that way it reminds me of the good times I had over the holidays and puts me in a positive mind frame. For me that will be one of my new Lush shower gels below ( I will talk about these in my Lush haul coming soon).



3. Have something nice ready for lunch. 
I always take prepared lunches to work and while January is most certainly the time to be eating healthily it is also nice to have somthing to look forward to at lunch. My favourite snack at the moment is the vegetable Kettle chips.



4. Prepare to relax
After spending the holidays napping and eating far too much there's every chance that I'm going to be tired on that first day back so I make dinner and freeze it. For me this year it will be vegetable stew made with tomatoes, suede, potatoe, garlic and courgettes. As you can see below its all ready to go.



5. Remember you never know what will happen
I know first hand that sometimes when your are expecting the worst day it can turn into the best day. In 2009 the first day back to work after the Christmas break was the 5th of January and that was the day I met my boyfriend who I am still together with 7 years later. 

I hope this helps settle you back into your routine and hold off those back to work blues.

Thanks for reading.

AKL

No comments:

Post a Comment